weekend wedding: getting naked with cake

2.01.2014

One wedding trend I am seeing more and more of--but still can't get enough of--is the naked wedding cake.

These confident, icing-less cakes are just like the brides that choose them: fresh, fun, and naturally beautiful.

The naked cake provides that perfect, natural compliment to an outdoor spring or summer wedding, as well as reflects the kind of raw beauty that a rustic wedding wants to achieve, regardless of the season.

SO: out with icing! These baked beauties are perfect just the way they are:

naked cakes: shell & chinoiserie blog

naked cakes: shell & chinoiserie blog
naked cakes: shell & chinoiserie blog

4 comments:

Thehouseofhampton said...

Emilie,
You've just given me a great idea for my birthday cake this year.
Thanks for keeping me in the know for trends!
Sharon

Unknown said...

Well Happy (early) Birthday to you! Hopefully these beauties are easier to assemble since you basically skip a step, ha! Keep us posted!

Vel Criste said...

Never thought about a naked cake before, but you know what, I'm not much of a frosting gal so this might do well for me when I do have a special occasion to celebrate for!

Unknown said...

So good to "hear your voice," Vel! I feel the same way about icing--too sugary for me! Here's hoping for many special occasions coming you way. Xoxo...

 
Blogging tips