the pink pagoda's blue and white bash and my one year blogiversary!

5.05.2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo, everybody! 

Not only is today one of my favorite holidays, but it is also my one year blogiversary! 
What a wonderful year of blogging it has been--full of learning and lots of fun; but perhaps the best part is the new friends I have made along the way. And what better way to celebrate my blogiversary than with those friends over at The Pink Pagoda's Blue and White Bash


The Pink Pagoda's Blue and White Bash is always such a festive way to start off the month, and for May's bash I have decided to bring some blue and white Otomi in honor of Cinco de Mayo. You, too, can bring your own blue and white and join us over at Jennifer's party, or you can sit back, sip a margarita, and scroll through all of the beautiful blue and white shared by other blogs.

Fittingly, Jennifer's use of Otomi in the One Room Challenge has really turned me on to the Mexican textile. As demonstrated in the pattern that Albertina of Mimosa Lane provided for Jennifer's room, Otomi patterns are often known for their colorful palette, but for today's bash I am going to stick with blue and white. Furthermore, I decided to keep to Otomi tablescapes and other party related pieces for today's celebration:







And I couldn't resist including these two blue and white Otomi party dresses--they look perfect for the heat that is headed our way this week!:

Casa Otomi

Carolina K

I'm ready for some margaritas!

17 comments:

Alison at The Gracious Posse said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary! I don’t think I’ve seen Otomi in the single color way before. It is an amazing statement-maker and just the thing for an anniversary celebration in the outdoors. Best wishes for a wonderful 2nd year.

Unknown said...

Happy Cinco De Mayo! I love Otomi and I have a beautiful wall hanging from my time in Mexico that I keep trying to find the perfect use for. Thanks for the inspiration and happy blogiversary!!!

Unknown said...

Love the Otomi patterns and they are especially stunning in blue & white and make for fun decor for a soiree!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Happy Blogiversary!
My favorite blue is that bottle of champagne! :)

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

Happy blogiversary! Glad you are here.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Happy anniversary! I love Otomi. That beach table is divine!

designchic said...

Beautiful blue and white and happy one year anniversary…every exciting!!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Happy anniversary...love the blue and white...

Carrie said...

Happy blogiversary!! I love the Otomi! It looks beautiful!!

Andrea said...

Happy Blogiversary my friend!! I am loving this blue and white Otomi... such a great post, and so perfect for Cinco de Mayo!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Stacey {steward of design} said...

Happy Blogiversary! What a perfect post for today. I love that pattern.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your blogiversary! That's so exciting! Well done ! All of the blue and white is so inspirational and classic! Love it all
Xoxo
Lauren @thisgirldecor

Vel Criste said...

Happy Blogiversary Emilie!!!! Looking forward to more fabulous posts for a lot more years! CHEERS!

Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary! I love reading your blog - you have a great sense of style!
I just started my own blog and can't wait to reach the 1 year milestone!
Keep up the good work!
Shelia
www.houseofhighlands.com

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

congrats to your blogiversary! so glad I found your blog!!

Unknown said...

congratulations on one year! these pictures are all beautiful. i especially love that first dress...new craving!

Jennifer | The Chic Pad said...

Happy Blogiversary! Love the post too!

 
Blogging tips