wishlist: bullseye mirror

12.04.2013

What I am really wishing for these days is a house in which to put all of my wishlist items! But alas, our house hunt has not been going as easily as we first anticipated it would. I am very sad to report that none of the houses I featured in my first house hunt post became our home; we were so in love with the first house featured in the post that we were getting an offer together when we learned a nearby road will soon be expanded to a four lane highway! So very sadly, we walked away. The second house was just down the street and also too close to this road, so we cancelled our appointment to see it, as well as our appointment to see the third house, which we learned was already under agreement--ugh! We have since gone on to see many more houses, only to fall in love and lose yet another one. Ouch. So right now we are feeling a bit frustrated, to say the least.  I know, I know--I need to be patient, but there was a part of me that hoped we would be in a home before Christmas, but instead we will be hauling a Christmas tree out to our my father's house via ferry and then golf cart...

Well, at least a girl can dream--and trust me, I am getting really good at it! So on that happier note, next up on my looong wishlist is a bullseye mirror; I love the traditional federal bullseye mirrors, but really any bullseye will do the trick, as all of these stately, sophisticated mirrors are distinguished by their fish-eye glass. To learn more about the significance of the bullseye mirror, head over to the Matters of Style blog to see what Sarah has to say about them, but in the meantime, look into these:

Bullseye Mirror
Tinsley Mortimer's NYC apartment

Bullseye Mirror
Tinsley Mortimer's NYC apartment
(for more of this gorgeous home, check out this post from The Glam Pad)

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror
Meg Braff (of course!)
I especially love this room because my mother used the same chintz on the chairs in the living room of my childhood home--as I write, they are in the room next door! 

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror

Bullseye Mirror
Naty Abascal's Madrid home in 

Bullseye Mirror

I was excited to see that eBay has a long list of these lovely mirrors, so Merry Christmas to me! ;-o

Enjoy!

Emilie


8 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I can't wait to see it in your space Emilie! I didn't know Ebay carried so much of that mirror! fabulous find, thanks!

Unknown said...

Ditto to both! ;-)

Unknown said...

I feel your pain when it comes to house hunting...we've been searching for years (6 to be exact!) and still haven't found what we want! And patience is definitely not a strong virtue of mine, especially in this department...ugh!! Hang in there! On the mirror front...I love how so many of the images had them hung on bookcases. Elle

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Elle! 6 years?! Well when you do find your home, I know it will be gorgeous and worth the wait!!! As for the mirrors, I am with you on that one! I love anything by Meg Lonergan over at LeSueur Interiors--such sophisticated spaces!

Andrea said...

Thank you for the shout out, Emilie! I love these mirrors so much, and actually found one I will be hanging in our guest room on eBay! :)

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Unknown said...

You did?!!!! SO jealous and CANNOT wait to see pics!

Unknown said...

Ive always wanted a bullseye mirror in my home! Lovely examples. Have a great week.
xo Nancy

Unknown said...

Thank you, Nancy! eBay has lots of them, so hopefully you will find the perfect one for your home! Hope you have a great week, too! :)

 
Blogging tips