wednesday wishlist: the elephant teapot

3.25.2015

I know spring officially began last week, but out of respect to those who are still buried under nine feet of snow, I thought I would hold off on celebrating for a few more days...

But yesterday I spoke with some friends back in Boston, and--as you can imagine--they were happy to report that there are finally some signs of spring in the air, so I'm hoping it's safe to flaunt some pretty flowers on the blog today (...like the ones that are blooming in my back yard--shhhh)!

I thought I would share one of my favorite ways to display flowers--don't get me wrong, you know how much I love ginger jars, but another fun and festive alternative to the traditional vase is a teapot, and in particular, an elephant teapot! Not to mention these little ellies are an easy way to incorporate some chinoiserie style in your home this spring ;)

The following are pretty examples of how to style your blooms in elephant teapots (and--if you are more talented then me--garden stools!) at all of your spring soirees--bridal showers, baby showers...and, of course, the occasional rainy Tuesday:




Source Unknown



And some cute and affordable elephant teapots (and one garden stool) that would be perfect for sprucing up your spring flowers:

$12.99 from World Market

$15 from Etsy


$35 from Etsy

Etsy

$59 from Pottery Barn Kids


$59.95 from ZGallerie

Happy spring!

7 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I'm with you on this! Did you know that elephants (with trunks pointing up) signify VERY GOOD LUCK?! I have a bunch at home, but need some bigger ones for sure!

Carrie said...

So pretty and so fun!!

Nancy said...

Love these! hope its ok...but I saw something that reminded me of you and mentioned you in a post today :)

http://alwaysinasouthernstateofmind.blogspot.com/

glad you're posting more :)

Megan said...

I need all of these in my house. Pronto.

Karena said...

Adore these pretty little elephants. I have a ceramic elephant side table, and have seen the one at Z gallery, they are all darling!!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Andrea said...

SUCH a darling idea! I love it!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Vel Criste said...

Now I want one too!

 
Blogging tips