ohhh mexico

5.05.2013

Apparently the clock on my blog server must be off (eh-hem), because it is claiming that I posted my Cinco de Mayo post on el cuatro de mayo--how embarrassing! My apologies. Let me make it up to you by publishing one more post in honor of Cinco de Mayo. It is--after all--one of my favorite holidays to celebrate… ;)

Although I have never been to Mexico (other than the many times in my mind), I have spent hours drooling over Mexican resorts online…haven’t we all? Luckily it wasn’t for waste, because now I can share my findings with you! Here they are:

Viceroy Zihuatanejo
Just north of Acapulco on Mexico’s southwestern coast is the town of Zihuatanejo. Zihuatanejo hugs a bay that sits at the bottom of the mountains and subsequently creates quite the vista. The Viceroy Zihuatanejo is located on Z’s beautiful beach, Playa Ropa. The resort sprawls along the beach like a little village and is no doubt privy to postcard perfect sunsets and then afterward, the sparkling lights of the little seaside towns in the distance. During the day, thatched huts provide a private and shaded place for a refreshing fruity drink or an afternoon nap.

About 40 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta on Mexico’s west coast is Playa Escondida, a resort tucked into a lush hill that descends into a beautiful beach. The resort’s bungalow guestrooms hide behind big banana leaves and offer porches for peering out at the breathtaking beach view. Inside the bungalows, interiors are very cool and colorful (think pink!). In addition to the plentiful places for lounging around with a margarita, the resort also offers many activities, such as horse-back riding and sailing.


This one’s a bit pricier, but when mama needs a good marg and massage, probably worth ever penny. Located on the Mayan Riviera about an hour south of the Cancun crowds, the resort sits on white sands and looks out over the cerulean water of the Caribbean Sea. Known for its spa and yoga classes on the beach, Maroma maintains a balance between indulgence and in good shape. 


One & Only Palmilla
I admit I came across this “one” (I crack myself up) while watching Bethenny Ever After, but I can’t write a post about Mexican resorts and not include a little Cabo in it. Or a lot Cabo, since the luxurious One & Only Palmilla resort seems to be the definition of Cabo San Lucas. From its blue-tiled infinity pools framed with white stucco walls, bright flowers and lanterns line the paths that just beckon you to the beach…with a stop at the bar along the way. Make sure to pack some fabulous shades and a wide-brimmed beach hat to hide behind while star gazing ;)

Enjoy!

Emilie

No comments:

 
Blogging tips