big news!

4.24.2015

I have a beautiful interior for you today, but first, some big news!:

It has been about a year since we moved into our new house here in Charleston and I admit I haven't posted nearly as often as I had planned--thank you all for sticking with me and my little blog!

Between settling into our new house and starting a new job, the past year has been a busy one! I wish I could say things were finally going to calm down, but alas it is quite the opposite because...[drum roll please]...we are moving! Again!

Call me crazy, but I have been so homesick for Boston and New England in general, which is ironic since Charleston has been "home" since I was a little girl. Don't get me wrong--we have enjoyed so many things about being back in Charleston; it has provided the perfect opportunity to reconnect with friends, and spending time with my father has been the best! Not to mention we have been so spoiled by weekends at the beach house, and have fallen in love with our own beautiful home here...
(Man am I going to miss my built-ins!)

But alas, I have missed New England dreadfully, so after lots of long and hard thinking (understatement of the century), we have made the difficult decision to sell our house, to once again say "see you soon!" to friends and family, and go back. Except this time we are going past Boston and all the way up to Portland, Maine! I think it is safe to say I will get my snow fix up there...


Yeah--I'm laughing now...

Although we haven't spent much time in Portland proper, we were married just down the road in Kennebunkport and absolutely love the area. And you can't beat that it is only about an hour and a half north of Boston! We will be able to spend time with friends and family in Boston, as well as take advantage of all the big city has to offer, but hopefully without the high cost of living and congestion that comes with it! 

In honor of our move, I thought I would share one of my favorite Maine interiors, belonging to John Fondas and John Knott of Quadrille.

The following House Beautiful feature showcases the many ways in which the home epitomizes iconic New England style, from its gray shingle exterior to the nautical accents and nods to colonial America in the home's eclectic interior. The rich textures and patterns throughout the home--many of which are Quadrille--compliment each other and create a colorful interior that is vibrant, inviting, and one might even venture to say warm (perhaps a welcomed palette in Maine--even in a summer home!):









I cannot wait to share more beautiful Maine homes with you (anyone up for some Sister Parish?), including--of course--our new Maine home...as soon as we find it!

10 comments:

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

very excited for you except I love Charleston and would love to live there but Maine is also known to be beautiful right? Please let us know how you go and would love to come along on your house tours in maine :)

Stacey said...

How exciting! Love the house beautify feature too!

whalingcitycottage said...

Wow, good luck with the move! Portland rocks - you're gonna love it!

Nancy said...

Congratulations! I have the same pull in my heart for the area you're in now :) and was planning on hanging with you when we make the move one day :) but I'm so excited for you and your new adventures up north. Good on you for listening to your heart and moving again. Best to do it now before littles arrive ;) Keep us posted with lots of pictures :)

Thehouseofhampton said...

Wow that IS big news. Congratulations. I love the styles of that region and you'll fit right in. Best of luck to you on your sale and purchase. I've stuck with you this far and have no plans on leaving now. It's just getting better and better!!!
Happy packing! Keep us posted.
Best,
Sharon
The House of Hampton

Serena Strydom said...

Best of luck with the move Emily, Maine is so beautiful! What a lovely house too, a little look into the styling for your future abode?

Let me know if you need a mohair throw for those chilly winters :)

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

You must be thrilled- how exciting! Love the above home and wish I could make our new place look just like it :) We shall see.

Lesley Metcalfe said...

Exciting news! Good luck with the move!

Lesley Metcalfe said...

Exciting news! Good luck with the move!

kate@willowinteriors said...

Oh my gosh I love that area of the country and cannot wait to see where you end up. Love the frozen video! Still makes me laugh everytime! ;) Good luck with the move!!!

 
Blogging tips